Friday, April 27, 2007

New boy coming May 4th!



As my husband and I have met with different parents in the last month, to fill our empty bed, I found myself in a very hard situation of helping my husband make a decision of which boy we should work with. As I sat listening to each of these mothers, hurting for their sons that they gave birth to, I couldn't help but think of my own son that I gave birth to 23 years ago. I love my son with all my heart, but he is making some choices in his life right now that are not going along with the way his father and I raised him. I, have sat in this living room, for years meeting with several parents, and cried for the mothers as they have hurt for their sons. Now, I sat in my living room, crying not only for these mothers but also for myself and the choices my son is making. I know, though, that God's word is true, and the verse that I painted on the rock at the entrance to this ranch, and the verse that is on our brochures, is the verse I will continue to hold onto. Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." My God is a Big God and He is not only going to do Miracles in other hurting mom's son's lives, but in my son's life too. The reason I have had a hard time helping my husband make this decision is because I want to help them all, because I am walking some what in their shoes now. The only difference is, my son is an adult and their son is still living under their roof. Please pray for the New boy that we have chosen to come here on the 4th of May, I will reveal his first name later, after we see if the guardianship goes through. Also, we would like you to join us in prayer for our son Cory.


Serving Him,

No comments: