We always ask the boys at the ranch when they complete the program to reflect on what they have learned since they came. When I read Mason's reflections it made me tear up! God has done great things in his life. Is he still making some choices that are not quite what God is proud of? Yes, I believe so but don't we all make choices that God is not proud of?
1. I live IN the world I am not OF this world
2. Trust people around me
5. God's love is better than man's love
6. I am deserving of love
7. I don't need people to pitty me
8. Godly friends are better than worldly friends
9. Hold myself accountable
10. Not to lie
11. To keep my grades up
12. I don't have to cuss to fit in
13. I don't have to smoke to fit in
14. I don't have to do worldy things to fit in
15. Found my voice in a respectful manner
16. People do want to see me succeed
17. God will never leave me, I'll never be alone.
18. Milk cows
19. Focus without medication
21. Take constructive criticism
22. Man up
23. To be a man of integrity
Wow....what a list!
Then his general things he has accomplished list:
1. State cross country (varsity)
3. Do things according to God's word
4. Not to covet
5. Love others
Last but not least it looks like from this list that he is planning on holding on to JESUS for dear life, and knowing our God, HE is going to hold him steady as a post if he just asks!
1. Grow closer to Christ
2. Be a perimedic
3. Be a youth Pastor
4. Find a wife that loves God just as much as I do
5. Continue on the path of righteousness
6. Teach my kids about Christ
7. Become involved with a church
8. Become a Board Member of the MCH Boys Ranch
9. Shine Christ's light for all to see.
It's time to shout praises for this reflection that Mason brought to us tonight. Now we just ask that you would join with us in prayer to help him hang on to JESUS for dear life and not forget the taste of a GREAT LIFE he has experienced doing it God's way instead of the worldly way.