Monday, November 1, 2010

Planting Seeds....Reaping a Harvest?

1 Corinthians 9:11 "If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?"

When farmers plant seeds they are having faith that God will water those seeds. Then they hope for a great harvest. When we as christians plant seeds in peoples lives we hope that someone will come along and water it and then we will get to see the fruit in their lives.

Do you think this boy got frustrated while messing with these individual seeds...sorting them out of the mess they were in? I don't know, I never asked him....but I do know he was having some fun at one point...because I captured this picture....
Do we get frustrated when we work with the mess in the lives of some of the boys...I would be lying if I said no. Do we enjoy what we are doing? Yes, or we wouldn't still be doing it for 18 years. Is it easy....NO! The hardest part is trying to reap the harvest....to keep the doors open.

Operating strictly as a faith ministry we have to have extreme faith that God will keep sending the supporters to keep the doors open. Does it get messy sometimes? You bet! But we TRUST that if God wants these doors open HE will do just that...because he is a God of Miracles!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Well said!!

I am so thankful that there are people in our world like you, who care for the lost and broken and do what you can to guide them in the right direction!

Hope you have a great week!

Cara said...

I am inspired by the work that you are doing. Your posts are wonderful.