Saturday, April 18, 2009

Please Forgive Me!

I'm so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for ME so that I might have forgiveness. I told you last August, eight months ago, that I will try to get back in the swing of things of keeping you updated. Wow I really failed at that! So please forgive me!

We are still here working with boys. We are so thankful that Keith and Estelle Nester joined up with us last August working full-time for the ranch. We have been blessed to have them help us through this last year. This last year (plus) has been a difficult year with a very unthinkable circumstance happening in our personal life. That unthinkable was February 8th, 2008 our 21 year old son was arrested for 2nd degree murder. His trial just ended in March 2009 and his verdict was read April 3rd, he was convicted of voluntary manslaughter. If you want you can read the judge's verdict of his case so you can understand why this was such an unthinkable just click on over. We are so thankful for the prayer support that we have had through this journey. We could not have pressed on without the support. Thanks so much to all who were praying!

God is still on the throne and now we await for Curtis' sentencing which will take place May 7th. We know God is in the middle of this, he has already used Curtis' story and will continue to use Curtis' story to reach more young lives. Curtis has helped several young men while sitting in the county jail for the last 15 months and will continue wherever God sends him after May 7th.

Today, I had the privilege to sit in our church and look to the left to the front row, and look at the back of 4 young men. Two of these young men are past boys that lived here at the ranch, the other two were friends of these past boys. The one young man that was here about 4 years ago, said to me today, "After this whole thing with Curtis, and my last stay in county jail, I can't do it any longer without HIM! I need to get right with God." One of their friends said to me, "He brought me here last week on Easter and I have been looking forward to this day all week to come back again today."

We will continue to claim the verse that we claimed at the very beginning of this unthinkable, Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Please continue to pray for this ministry that God would continue to give us strength to continue being the tools he uses to reach young men.

Trusting HIM,



No comments: