Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wanted to share my devotion I read this morning!

Lord I just pray that the testing of my faith continues to develop perseverance. Use me God because I love you and I want to be a blessing to someone. In Jesus name, AMEN!

January 20, 2010 VERSE: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. -- James 1:2-3

THOUGHT: "Hang in there!" There are few traits more important than perseverance. Most important accomplishments in life happen because of perseverance. Most "luck" occurs when we've persevered long enough for the "magical moment" to come along -- in other words, Idon't believe in luck. Edison said it best: life's greatest feats,the world's greatest discoveries, his own most fantastic inventionsare "1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." "Hang in there!" and seethe glory of God come through in you, not because of luck, but because of God's grace, love, and Providence!

PRAYER: Unchangeable and Unshakeable God, through the friends you have sent into my life and by the power of your gift, the Holy Spirit, help me to stand up under trial and prove my character true with perseverance when under fire. Give my faith courage and endurance so that my life shows forth your enduring strength. I pray in the name of him who remained faithful even unto death, Jesus Christ myLord. Amen.

Persevering because of Jesus,

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love that verse. My husband Terry and I have been going thru some very tough times this past year and Brenda from Heartland Church told us to read the book of James together and What a wake up. It really make us put things in to perspective more. We are continually praying for all of you. GOD Bless :)