Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A new tradition!

Tonight we had our Board Christmas Party! We had taco's and they sure were good. We also had, cookies and more cookies and too many cookies. We started the night off after we ate with a short business meeting, then I, Cathy, held up the most beautiful present under the tree and it was to: JESUS!

I'm not sure what I said, because when you stand up in front of people you sometimes get tongue tied well, I tried to say something like. Jesus should have the best present because he is the reason so I want everyone to write down on the index card what they want to give Jesus for a present for next year and then put it in His present. I had cut a little slit in the box under the ribbon, and everyone put their gifts to Jesus in His present. Then we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.


As, our own children were growing up, the tradition was always we had to find baby Jesus before the Christmas Story and then we could open up presents. We still do this every Christmas morning, I'm sure our kids think they are a little to old for this now, but we will probably still carry this on because now our grandchildren are old enough to start hunting for baby Jesus.


I've tried to think of something to do with the boys here at the ranch that is different than our own family tradition and I finally came up with this new tradition this year that I read some where, not even sure where, but I hope that it gets the boys here at the ranch and us adults to really think about what Christmas is really all about. It's not about, gifts, Christmas trees, lights, food or cookies but it all about JESUS! HE is the REASON for the SEASON!


The Boys Say: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!